Golden Inca Chest
About the game:
Maze Hunter 3D (Chronicles of Nathan - The Maze Hunter) is an episodic action-adventure puzzle game with a Tomb Raider / Indiana Jones style of gameplay. The game has two game modes the story and expedition.
In the story mode, you will play the role of the main protagonist Nathan A. Jones, III. Nathan is a very well-known archaeologist. Nathan is known for his discoveries and solving some of the world's most difficult and challenging mysteries such as Stonehenge to the Maya calendar. However, on this adventure, Nathan is searching for ancient artifacts. As Nathan, you will travel the world and visit different locations Giza Pyramids in Egypt to Rome in his quest to find the lost ancient artifacts.
- Episode One: Launches with the game - Nathan starts his journey to locate the hidden artifacts. He will travel to Egypt and South America to recover the ancient artifacts from the Inca Empire
- Episode Two: Planned Summer 2018 – Nathan will continue his quest to recover the ancient artifacts and outwit his new foe. This journey will take him to Asia and North America.
- Episode Three: Planned Fall 2018 – After outwitting his foe and successfully obtaining the ancient artifacts, Nathan must finish what he has discovered and finish locating the last few Inca artifacts before this foe. He will travel to Rome and Africa to finish his quest.
Each location will have 3 different mazes with puzzles to solve.
- Xbox Live Presence
- Xbox Live Leaderboards
- Mixer Interaction
- Explorer Mazes are dynamically created
More information about both Story Mode and Explorer Mode below.
Upcoming update: Stroy Mode
Main protagonist/character: Nathan A Jones, III a World-renowned Archaeologist
In 2000, Nathan's former coworker and friend, Drake, unearth an ancient grave site while on his expedition in Peru. Drake was looking for long rumor of the lost gold treasures of the Inca Empire. From Drake research, he discovered that the Inca's hidden their treasures in mazes placed around the world. However, Drake isn't an adventurer and wasn't up for the task, so he contacted his friend Nathan. Nathan is from a family of world-renowned archaeologist, and he has just started his quest in following in his family footsteps. At a young age, he has already traveled the globe, and during this time he has made many archaeology discoveries.
Prelude: In the following months, Nathan was able to solved some of the world's most challenging mysteries. In 2001, Nathan made his first major archaeological find, he discovered an ancient text scrolls that predated the Red Sea Scrolls. These scrolls described in detail about other locations of hidden treasures and clues about other world mysteries. Nathan and his colleagues spent many years researching and analyzing the scrolls for more clues.
In 2005, Nathan discovered the meaning behind Stonehenge. In 2009, Nathan cracked the missing link to the Maya calendar. And in the summer of 2011, Nathen discovered the reason behind the landing strips at the Nazca Plateau. Finally, in September 2011, Nathan discovered that the main reason for the end of the Maya calendar. He discovered that it didn't mean the end of the world, but an activation of the ancient artifacts that the aliens left behind centuries ago.
Present Day: Nathan and his colleagues have spent the last few years researching and searching the globe for these artifacts. His friend and research partner Chris Jackson deciphered the last scroll. From the cryptic message, he discovered that the locations of the ancient alien artifacts. In the scroll, Chris learned the artifacts are hidden in mazes, and they have to be solved in order to unlock the artifacts. Nathan is ready to set off on his journey to find and add the artifacts to his personal collection.
Nathan starts his quest to become The Maze Hunter!
Explorer Mode: Now availiable in the Windows Store!
You're stuck in a maze with a race against time to find the hidden chest.
Maze Hunter 3D is an action/adventure puzzle maze game that will challenge you to avoid traps and find the hidden chest in the quest to complete the maze. The fun part is you have a time limit to find the chest.
Maze Hunter 3D has been completly redesigned and updated to add new gameplay mechanics. The updated version adds a new game mode "Explorer". In explorer mode, there're three mazes sizes small, medium, and hard. Each maze size has their own challenges.
Play Explorer: You'll adventure and explore though randomly generated mazes to locate the hidden chest to progress to the next maze. However, there're three different difficultly levels you can play.
- Small map (easy): This maze you have 2-minute to find the hidden chest to successfully complete the maze.
- Medium map (normal): A bigger map that adds a new challenge. Not only there a 5-minute time limit, but the chest is locked, and you must find the key to open it to successfully complete the maze.. You can find power-up located within this map.
- Large map (Hard): A much larger maze with a new challenge. There're NO power-ups! You will need to use your coins if you choose to buy power-ups because none are found hidden in the maze. You're have 8-minute to find the key and the chest to successfully complete the maze.
Power-ups: coin, extend time, reveal key locations.
Currently part of Xbox Live Creators Program. Story mode is in development.
Episode 2 (Expected - Dec 2018)
- Episode 2: With the release of episode 2 rejoin Nathan on his adventure to recover lost and stolen artifacts. Discover the why Devin and his hidden faction has been secretly funding Nathan’s expeditions, and help Nathan stop their plans. Note: Episode 2 will unlock after Episode 1 is complete.
- New locations to explore in story mode : North America and Asia. Each new location will add three mazes with puzzles to slove.
Game Play –
- The game has been switched to third person (you can now see the character)
- Visuals have been updated
- New play mode for story (normal and hard)
- Normal (guided with waypoints) Hard (no waypoints)
Game fixes –
- Added missing colliders within The Tomb of the Callski The Great.